Through our advocacy efforts, technical expertise, and holistic approach, MedTech Europe actively engages on many different international issues of relevance for the medical technology sector, including:
- Market access: we advocate attractive funding, pricing, and reimbursement policies help medical technologies roll out onto international markets;
- Trade issues: we seek fair business terms in international territories, with fewer tariff and non-tariff barriers to trade in medical devices and IVDs;
- Regulatory issues: we promote regulatory reforms that are in line with international norms, avoiding unnecessary delays in access for patients to innovative technologies;,
- International health policies: we work with agencies like the World Health Organisation (WHO) to help develop clear, common guidelines for the use of medical technologies; and
- Ethical conduct: we promote and help to implement the principles of ethical business practices across the world.